with Konstellation | Britten canticles
- Rod Morris (countertenor)
- Peter Davoren (tenor)
- Johnny Herford (baritone)
- Adrian Uren (horn)
- Fontane Liang (harp)
- Britten: Canticle 1 – My Beloved is Mine Op 40
- Britten: Canticle 2 – Abraham and Isaac Op 51
- Britten: Canticle 3 – Still Falls the Rain Op 55
- Britten: Canticle 4 – The Journey of the Magi Op 86
- Britten: Canticle 5 – The Death of St Narcissus Op 89
On the eve of Benjamin Britten's 100th birthday, Konstellation presents all five of his Canticles in one evening concert. Often seen as cantatas or miniature dramatic scenes, these extraordinary and wonderful pieces were written at various stages throughout Britten's composing life; with texts ranging from TS Eliot to Edith Sitwell to Chester Mystery Plays, they explore themes of love and loss, of war and peace, of spirituality and faith.
Please use the contact form to enquire about tickets, as this is a privately-hosted event as part of Vernon Ellis' recital series.